The American Society for Quality (ASQ) points out that many companies have quality-related costs of as much as 15% to 20% of sales revenue and some more than 40% of total business. ASQ also reports that the general rule is that the costs of poor quality, i.e. the costs associated with providing poor quality products or services, in a successful company will be around 10% to 15% of the operating costs. Effective operational excellence programs can significantly reduce these costs, directly contributing to profits.
How can we help you?
No matter how much profit your organization makes or is otherwise successful, there are always opportunities for improvement, and Qualitas can help you sustainably leverage them. It is possible by:
- understanding the concept of operational excellence and the tools needed to achieve business growth
- setting and aligning your strategy and ensuring that each individual is aware of their role and does everything to help achieve the set goals.
- motivating your employees to adopt a new business culture and get involved in the change
- documenting and visualizing your processes
- measuring and monitoring processes, analyzing value flows, and identifying losses, variability, and other process problems
- finding the right technologies, tools and techniques to improve and maintain the process
- developing solutions to improve processes by reducing non-value-generating activities, improving value-creating activities, reducing variability, and eliminating root causes of problems
- developing value-added services and products for your customers
- managing projects that contribute to continual improvements and establishing the structure and processes needed to achieve your goals
- setting performance standards for both normal and abnormal value flows
- ensuring the sustainability of improvement solutions and monitoring their implementation.
What can you expect?
Some of the service outcomes provided by Qualitas, which can help you continuously improve the efficiency and effectiveness of your processes are increased productivity, improved quality of products and services, reduced costs (unnecessary time, unnecessary resources, unnecessary space, unnecessary energy), increased satisfaction of products and services users, increased employee’s satisfaction.
To implement an operational excellence strategy, Qualitas recommends applying some of the globally validated structured approach methodologies, e.g., Lean management, Six Sigma, Lean Six Sigma, and Industry 4.0. It is essential to create a platform for improvements that provides a central database and knowledge storage of opportunities, elements and prerequisites for improvement. It also enables cross-functional collaboration and offers active notifications and alerts to ensure the organization is continuously advancing towards operational excellence. The iGrafx is a digital platform that we recommend in this context.
- Lean Management
- Six Sigma
- Lean Six Sigma
- Industry 4.0
- Statistical Process Control
- Process Benchmarking
- ISO 9001
- Hoshin Kanri
- DMAIC / DMADV
- Value Stream Mapping
- Continuous Flow
- Quick Changeover (SMED)
- Cellular Manufacturing
- Total Productive Maintenance
- Performance Indicators, Process Measurement and Monitoring System
- Continuous Improvement Process
- Tibco Nimbus